If you bring out-of-the-box thinking with a dash of hustle and a pinch of agency pedigree, but you’re looking for a new agency home that thinks differently, then we should connect.
We are always looking to expand our team with marketing leadership minds and kind, good souls. Come join our spool of marketing leaders.
Senior Account Executive
Art Director, PR
Spool's Team Pledge
We work each day to ensure we’re not like the last place you may have worked. Part of that entails signing the Spool Pledge, which each and every member of our team accountable. If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk!
As you take a look at open positions, if you see any that you may not meet 100% of the qualifications for but believe you could be successful within, please apply anyway.
Data shows men will apply for jobs when they meet approximately 60% of a position’s criteria, yet women and other people systematically marginalized tend to apply only if they meet every requirement. At Spool, we want builders, dreamers, workers and doers (we’re not big fans of box-checkers and mover-on’ers). If you believe you can thrive in this role, even if you don’t check every box of the position’s criteria, please apply. We are committed to considering all candidates including those with diverse employment backgrounds and experiences (and tell you what, we’d hire someone who worked retail or hospitality over a fancy schmancy internship any day).
Whether you’re new to PR and marketing or returning to the workplace after a gap, or you’re ready for the next chapter in your career, we would love to consider you as part of our team at Spool.
Please send us a note to tell us about your passions and skills; tell us how working at a nonprofit would fit perfectly in the role we’re hiring for. Again, we’re out-of-the-box thinkers here at Spool and we’d be fools to not consider people who bring out-of-the-box experiences to the agency.
- We live our values every single day and we will always strive to live and work ‘above the line’ (i.e. to uphold this pledge and all it entails).
- Ego and gossip has no home at Spool and won’t be tolerated. Both create hostility, negativity and are a waste of time and energy.
- We always assume people are doing their best (colleagues and clients alike).
- As a learning culture, we receive feedback with openness, not defensiveness; share feedback with empathy and purpose.
- We embrace the “I have my way, you have your way, there’s not a right way or a wrong way” of working and learn from one another. So long as the work is getting done, people are able to work through their styles.
- We are respectful of everyone’s time and ask questions after we’ve already done work in trying to find the solution.
- We’re not box-checkers and hard workers, but rather, we are thinkers, curious and *smart* workers who do everything in our power to deliver exceptional work each and every time.
- We have our teams’ backs 110% of the time.
- We are accountable for our work and the role we play at Spool.
- Flexibility in our work styles ultimately derives from the accountability of our work and support for our teams.
- We commit to doing our best, every day, both in work and throughout our communities to make it a better place for all.
- We put our people before profits. Seriously. We’ve resigned toxic clients and expect as much from them to be partners as we do from every employee at Spool.
- We also believe in being a positive force in this world and strive to do that through our work, our ideas and how we as an agency run.
- We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an equal-opportunity employer, Spool is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and welcomes everyone to our team. We welcome you to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc). Should you require reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
- We provide competitive salary and benefits, including:
- Health, dental and vision benefits (BCBS)
- 401k / retirement
- Generous PTO, unlimited sick days and 16 annual paid holidays; summer Fridays (half days)
- Paid parental leave (12 weeks for full time and family leave bonuses for PT/Contractors)
- Gym membership (including Peloton)
- VP levels and up able to earn equity into Spool
- Profit sharing
- Bonuses (discretionary)